Subject: bug#70455: [PATCH] Add new user option `preview-leave-open-previews-visible'

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 13:55:45 +0200

Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Your patch uses `cl-find-if' which is a function.  Until now, we used
>> only macros from the cl-lib inside AUCTeX in order to have no other
>> runtime dependencies.  In general, I have no problem if we lift this
>> limitation and use cl-lib functions as well -- the library is part of
>> Emacs and why not use it.  But before we do this, I'd like to hear
>> from Keita and Tassilo what they think about this.
>
> I don't mind. It doesn't matter to use emacs built-in library to write
> code simply.

FWIW, if we go ELPA-releases only and drop standalone tarball releases,
I would suggest we just use

  ;; Package-Requires: ...

in our auctex.el in order to specify the required emacs version,
"cl-lib", and even "compat" and remove all legacy code for emacs
versions older than the last release.

Bye,
Tassilo