Subject: Re: bug#70455: [PATCH] Add new user option `preview-leave-open-previews-visible'

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 20:48:56 +0900

Hi Arash and Paul,

>>>>> Arash Esbati <[email-masked]> writes:
> I don't have a suggestion for a better name, but another comment.  Your
> patch uses `cl-find-if' which is a function.  Until now, we used only
> macros from the cl-lib inside AUCTeX in order to have no other runtime
> dependencies.  In general, I have no problem if we lift this limitation
> and use cl-lib functions as well -- the library is part of Emacs and why
> not use it.  But before we do this, I'd like to hear from Keita and
> Tassilo what they think about this.

I don't mind. It doesn't matter to use emacs built-in library to write
code simply.

I'd like to ask Paul some questions:

> Paul Nelson <[email-masked]> writes:

>> With the new user option disabled, behavior is instead:
>> 
>> - When you enter a preview, it remains visible.  The tex code appears
>> below the preview.

The TeX code appears _to right of_ the preview for inline math
expression for me. Is this a misbehavior? Or does your above sentence
miss this case?

I don't understand the change as a whole, but it seems that this change
extends cases which doesn't touch the preview images through EXCEPTION
argument of `preview-clearout' function. Doesn't this lead to leave some
kind of "debris" which needs additional clean-up facility after usage of
preview-latex?

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine
#Gaza #StopMassiveKilling #CeasefireNOW