Subject: 30.0.50; Can't save .zip archive in TRAMP

From: "Pedro A. Aranda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 10:53:02 +0200

1.- Open zip archive in remote machine using TRAMP
2.- Modify archive member
3.- Try to save with Ctrl-x Ctrl-s

Backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
archive--with-ensure-extension("/tmp/archive.tmpWDtrpL/arc-mode.z4DkEb" 
#f(compiled-function (archive) #<bytecode -0x3085e9518db29cc>))
archive-*-write-file-member("/tmp/archive.tmpWDtrpL/arc-mode.z4DkEb" 
#s(archive--file-desc :ext-file-name ".textadept/init.lua" 
:int-file-name ".textadept/init.lua" :mode 33204 :size 1617 :time " 
3-Mar-2024 10:55:00" :ratio nil :uid nil :gid nil :pos 7936) ("zip" "-q"))
archive-zip-write-file-member("/tmp/archive.tmpWDtrpL/arc-mode.z4DkEb" 
#s(archive--file-desc :ext-file-name ".textadept/init.lua" 
:int-file-name ".textadept/init.lua" :mode 33204 :size 1617 :time " 
3-Mar-2024 10:55:00" :ratio nil :uid nil :gid nil :pos 7936))
   archive-write-file-member()
   run-hook-with-args-until-success(archive-write-file-member)
   basic-save-buffer(t)
   save-buffer(1)
   funcall-interactively(save-buffer 1)
   command-execute(save-buffer)

Will work w/o problems on locally edited archive

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2024-04-18 built on fc4768b22703
Repository revision: c19b988c2967f13597b7a3ceafb7c3cd40d83458
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201001
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS

Configured using:
  'configure --prefix=/usr --program-suffix=30 --with-x
  --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-cairo --with-compress-install
  --with-modules=yes --with-threads --with-included-regex --with-zlib
  --with-json --with-rsvg --with-small-ja-dic
  --with-native-compilation=aot --with-tree-sitter=no 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
  -ffile-prefix-map=/home/paag/emacs=. -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects
  -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
  -Werror=format-security' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
  'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects
  -flto=auto -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MONETARY: es_ES.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: es_ES.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: es_ES.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-hg vc-git diff-mode track-changes easy-mmode
vc-bzr vc-dispatcher arc-mode archive-mode tramp-cmds tramp-sh
tramp-cache time-stamp compile text-property-search comp-run comp-common
tramp rx trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-message help-mode
tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete comint ansi-osc ring parse-time iso8601
time-date format-spec auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons
password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
ansi-color tramp-loaddefs cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 122357 12169) (symbols 48 10260 0) (strings 32 32529 2346)
  (string-bytes 1 1107907) (vectors 16 17959)
  (vector-slots 8 227547 8491) (floats 8 50 13) (intervals 56 318 0)
  (buffers 984 15))