Subject: Re: [bug#70446] [PATCH v3] gnu: webkitgtk: Add locale and dri access to gtk sandbox in order to silence gtk locale warnings and enable hardware accelerated video, respectively. Adjust bubblewrap wrapper to add user profile locale and dri directories.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 17:39:32 -0400

Hi Abhishek,

Abhishek Cherath <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> Initially, I only had the system paths below those. I added these
>>> so that people could have hardware accel by only installing the
>>> required drivers in their local profiles (as recommended in 69971,
>>> unless I entirely misunderstood)
>> Ah, yes, Maxim did mention this, but yeah, non-static paths are NG
>> (nogood) here.  There really is no reason that those paths ought to
>> exist or be useful in a container, for example.
>>
>
> Gotcha.

Sorry for the confusion; I agree with Liliana that honoring GUIX_LOCPATH
is better than hard-coding any specific file name.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim