Subject: [bug#70446] [PATCH v4] gnu: webkitgtk: Add access to system locale path and to paths from GUIX_LOCPATH, LOCPATH, and LIBVA_DRIVERS_PATH to gtk sandbox in order to silence gtk locale warnings and enable hardware accelerated video.

From: Abhishek Cherath <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 11:31:10 -0400

Hello,

>> Thanks [[email-masked]] for all the help :D, I thought
>> about this a bit more and looked at all the utility stuff in
>> BubblewrapLauncher.cpp. I realized that the correct thing to do here
>> is to simply mount the LIBVA_DRIVERS_PATH paths. I'm wondering if
>> this shouldn't be part of the gstreamer default mounts even upstream?
>> along with the LOCPATH mount.
> This patch LGTM.  I think submitting it upstream sans GUIX_LOCPATH
> would be a great idea – that way, we'd have fewer things to patch.

Sweet! I'll get on that sometime next month.

> Is @localedir@ still needed with the bindPathVar in place?  Otherwise,
> as already said, LGTM, and I'll look into forwarding it to/cherry-
> picking it from gnome-team once I got new Webkit over there (still need
> to wait for CI on that).

Yes, it's still needed since Guix system doesn't generally set LOCPATH
(or GUIX_LOCPATH.)

Thanks again for the review and suggestions!

Yours sincerely,
Abhishek Cherath.