Subject: GNOME 44: Trying to choose a file crashes application

From: Abhiseck Paira <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 23:00:18 +0530

Hi,

I am using Guix System with the commit:
b47ae1ecc43baaf726701ab2d2f810ecfaa75428 with GNOME 44 (in wayland
session).  If I try to open the file picker dialogue, the application
crashes.

* Steps to reproduce

(With Icecat)

1. Open Icecat
2. Type CTRL-o

(With Celluloid)

1. Open Celluloid
2. click on the plus button, which allows you to pick a file
3. Choose "Open file" option or "Open folder" option

* Expected Result:

A file picker dialogue would open letting you choose a file or folder.

* Actual Result

The application crashes, instead of opening the file picker dialogue.
In terminal, it will also produce the following output (for icecat):

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
/home/user/.guix-profile/bin/icecat: symbol lookup error: /run/current-system/profile/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so: undefined symbol: g_task_set_static_name
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Thanks.

-- 
Abhiseck Paira (https://paira.in)