Subject: Re: bug#70415: 30.0.50; [Cygwin] `lock-file' creates a symlink with funny name

From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 15:45:32 +0900

On Tue, 30 Apr 2024 05:34:25 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 19:05:35 -0400
>> From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]

>> I finally had a chance to look at this, and I can't reproduce the 
>> problem.  The autosave file does not have the ":BOOT_TIME" part, and it 
>> gets deleted properly when the file is saved.  I'm running the latest 
>> stable release of Cygwin (3.5.3) on Windows 11 (version 23H2, build 
>> 22631.3447).

> This is not about autosave files, this is about lock files.  Those are
> created once you modify a file-visiting buffer.

Thank you for following this up.  I also found another PC in which
Emacs that was built there has no problem (i.e., the boot-time
part does not appear in a lock file symlink name).
Both that PC [B] and the PC I normally use [A] run the latest Cygwin
3.5.3-1 on Windows 11 23H2.  Though I haven't found out the cause
of [A] yet, I should check the differences between them one by one.