Subject: bug#70413: 30.0.50; FR: skip inactive widgets when tabbing

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 15:04:34 +0300

> From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 00:04:33 +0200
> 
> > Thanks; see the attached patch.  I think this user option should also be
> > documented in the Widget manual, so the patch includes that as well.
> > The Widget manual has a node for widget customizations, so I added it
> > there.  But I think it is helpful to mention it also in the node
> > "Widgets and the Buffer", where the tabbing commands `widget-forward'
> > and `widget-backward' are documented, so that patch does that too.  If
> > you confirm this is ok, I'll push the code and doc changes to master.
> >
> > Steve Berman
> 
> ... and here's the patch:

LGTM, with 2 minor comments:

> +@defopt widget-skip-inactive
> +If non-@code{nil}, navigating between widgets by @kbd{M-@key{TAB}}
                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This should probably be @kbd{key{TAB}}.

> +(@code{widget-forward}) or @kbd{S-@key{TAB}} (@code{widget-backward},
> +also bound to @kbd{M-@key{TAB}}) skips over inactive widgets.
                                   ^
I'd add a comma there.

Thanks.