Subject: Re: [bug#70407] [PATCH] gnu: Add fnc

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 11:51:35 +0100

Ashish <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 16, 2024 at 11:21:26PM +0100, Christopher Baines wrote:
>> "ashish.is--- via Guix-patches" via <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>> > +    (inputs (list ncurses zlib sqlite-next))
>> > +    (home-page "https://fnc.bsdbox.org")
>> > +    (synopsis "Interactive text-based user interface for Fossil")
>> > +    (description "fnc uses ncurses and libfossil to create a fossil ui experience in
>> > +the terminal, and parse local changes at the hunk level to prepare atomic commits.")
>> > +    (license license:isc)))
>> >
>> > base-commit: a8353e9d6b34fd8d42d2e8f14ce844849fe9c293
>>
>> I did have a quick check over the source, including a concatenated
>> sqlite seems unusual and not ideal, but I'm not quite sure how it's
>> used.
>
> libfossil is a library implementation of fossil ships with bundled
> sqlite3, and the author decide to bundle libfossil, and so sqlite3
> comes with it.

Right, it would be good to package libfossil and unbundle sqlite3 there,
then use that libfossil package here. If libfossil can't use the built
sqlite3 from Guix, then maybe the Guix package source can be used.