Subject: bug#70399: ConTeXT options need updating

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 17:44:49 +0900

Hi Jim,

>>>>> Jim <[email-masked]> writes:
>> It is easy to remove "--texutil", but I'd like to ask whether it is safe
>> for older (before 2023) TeX distribution to do so. What was this option
>> "--texutil" for? Unfortunately, "context --help" of TeX Live 2024
>> doesn't give me useful information.

> I am a relatively recent ConTeXt convert, so I have never used it.
> However, the documentation I can find indicates that texutil was used for
> ConTeXt Mk II, which has (long since) been deprecated (as I understand it).

> I guess since it doesn't hurt anything, it could stay, but I think that it
> has no use in ConTeXt Mk IV.

I see, thanks. I guess this option is necessary for only rather old
context binaries and expect it can be removed safely for now.

>>> (b) but if context is called with "--nonstopmode" (or "--nonstop")
>>> the "--synctex=..." request to create a synctex file is over-ridden.
>>> It is easy for a user who knows what is going on to use
>>> (setq ConTeXt-texexec-option-nonstop "")

Do you think AUCTeX should do smart action to avoid "--nonstopmode" when
"--synctex" is requested by the user, so that
(setq ConTeXt-texexec-option-nonstop "")
isn't necessary on the user side? It isn't difficult to have
"--nonstopmode" only when `TeX-source-correlate-mode' and
`TeX-interactive-mode' are nil.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine
#Gaza #StopMassiveKilling #CeasefireNOW