Subject: bug#70386: 30.0.50; (recenter 0 t) does not put point on top of the window

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2024 09:23:17 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I am mostly concerned about the case when the line _does not_ move to
>> window's top. The other case is what I observed in the past as well. It
>> is only the case when nothing is moved between begin/end states that
>> appeared recently.
>
> It never happens that "nothing is moved" here.  What I see is that the
> window is scrolled as expected, and then scrolled (or recentered?)
> back.

That's what I mean by "does not move to window's top". I expect
recentering to not move things back to the initial state but instead to
set the point at least close to the top of the window.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>