Subject: bug#70385: Crash in note_fringe_highlight

From: Vladimir Kazanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 09:22:15 +0100

Po,

Thanks for coming up with such a quick fix, it works for me.

One suggestion on the patch. Having just done a deep dive to xdisp.c,
I realized that display code is complicated, it accesses many data
structures in very involved ways.

Should we add more comments clarifying the nature of the bug? Or, even
better, the invariants broken by the code?

Thanks

On Mon, 15 Apr 2024 at 08:08, Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > Can you reliably reproduce the crash?
>
> Unfortunately, it's not reproducible.
> So let's use with the fix of Po Lu for a while.

-- 
Regards,

Vladimir Kazanov