Subject: bug#70383: closed (Re: bug#70383: Conf-mode[toml] badly set face property)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 18:30:05 +0000

Your bug report

#70383: Conf-mode[toml] badly set face property

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
70383: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70383
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#70383: Conf-mode[toml] badly set face property
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Alastair Irving <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 14:29:13 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Thank you Stefan, that's fixed it.

Thanks for confirming, closing,

        Stefan

Subject: Conf-mode[toml] badly set face property
From: Alastair Irving <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 11:25:08 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When editting TOML files with conf-mode[toml] the face property is being 
set badly on certain characters.  This occurs in Emacs 29.3 (running 
with -q) but has been present in older versions. Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a file test.toml containing the following:

[package]
name = "test"
# See more keys and their definitions at 
https://doc.rust-lang.org/cargo/reference/manifest.html
[dependencies]

2. Navigate to the d in dependencies and evaluate

(text-properties-at (point))

The output for me looks like

(face (font-lock-type-face font-lock-type-face font-lock-type-face 
font-lock-type-face font-lock-type-face font-lock-ty\
pe-face font-lock-type-face font-lock-type-face font-lock-type-face 
font-lock-type-face

It looks like something is wrong in the font-lock setup and the same 
face is being applied very many times.