Subject: bug#7038: 24.0.50; bidi, right-char, left-char

From: Eduard Wiebe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 20:59:06 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 21:24:23 +0200
>> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> 
>> > >> 2. visit the h.txt file
>> > >> 3. move the point with <right> (right-char) to  ב (BET) and beyond
>> > >>    ==> cursor jumps between point 2 and point 3.

Sorry for the late response.

> Hmm.  On second thought, maybe you meant to continue pressing
> <right-arrow> _after_ reaching BET.

Yes, that was the original scenario that i had in mind. Sorry for the poor
description.

> In that case, what you see is a side-effect of a feature

[...]

Thank you for the clear explanation. I was simply confused by
directionality of righ-char :-)

-- 
Eduard Wiebe