Subject: bug#7038: 24.0.50; bidi, right-char, left-char

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 21:24:23 +0200

> From: Eduard Wiebe <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 21:11:03 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> >> 2. visit the h.txt file
> >> 3. move the point with <right> (right-char) to  ב (BET) and beyond
> >>    ==> cursor jumps between point 2 and point 3.
> >
> > Thanks.  This should be fixed now in the repository (revno 101474).
> 
> Sorry Eli, but i see no improvement and observe the old behaviour.
> I use emacs (git head) with your last changes:

Then please describe what exactly you see, using character positions
(shown by "C-x =").

For me, if I visit the file you sent, position the cursor on the first
character (BET) and press and hold <left-arrow>, the cursor traverses
all the buffer from start to end.  Before the changes in revno 101474,
the cursor would become "trapped" in the line that includes only
digits.  That was the bug I fixed.  If you meant a different bug,
please describe it.