Subject: 30.0.50; Obsolete certain comint-osc symbols

From: Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 09:53:46 +0200

When ansi-osc.el was created, moving code originally in comint.el, the
variable and function aliases created for backwards compatibility
purposes were not marked as obsolete.  The attached patch fixes this.

>From a2b4a0e0282f94949890cff65427e7536642cc0b Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 09:43:27 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Obsolete comint-osc symbols moved to ansi-osc.el

* lisp/comint.el (comint-osc-handlers, comint-osc-directory-tracker,
comint-osc-hyperlink-handler, comint-osc-hyperlink,
comint-osc-hyperlink-map): Mark as obsolete.
---
 lisp/comint.el | 26 +++++++++++++++-----------
 1 file changed, 15 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

diff --git a/lisp/comint.el b/lisp/comint.el
index a8fe095e99c..bae89beb76b 100644
--- a/lisp/comint.el
+++ b/lisp/comint.el
@@ -3961,18 +3961,22 @@ comint-redirect-results-list-from-process
 ;;; OSC escape sequences (Operating System Commands)
 ;;============================================================================
 ;; Adding `comint-osc-process-output' to
-;; `comint-output-filter-functions' enables the interpretation of OSC
-;; escape sequences.  By default, OSC 7 and 8 (for current directory
-;; and hyperlinks respectively) are acted upon.  Adding more entries
-;; to `comint-osc-handlers' allows a customized treatment of further
-;; sequences.
+;; `comint-output-filter-functions' enables the interpreting of OSC
+;; escape sequences.  See `ansi-osc-handlers' for a list of OSC
+;; sequences which are interpreted by default and information on how to
+;; handle new sequences.
 
 ;; Aliases defined for reverse compatibility
-(defvaralias 'comint-osc-handlers 'ansi-osc-handlers)
-(defalias 'comint-osc-directory-tracker 'ansi-osc-directory-tracker)
-(defalias 'comint-osc-hyperlink-handler 'ansi-osc-hyperlink-handler)
-(defalias 'comint-osc-hyperlink 'ansi-osc-hyperlink)
-(defvaralias 'comint-osc-hyperlink-map 'ansi-osc-hyperlink-map)
+(define-obsolete-variable-alias
+  'comint-osc-handlers 'ansi-osc-handlers "30.1")
+(define-obsolete-function-alias
+  'comint-osc-directory-tracker 'ansi-osc-directory-tracker "30.1")
+(define-obsolete-function-alias
+  'comint-osc-hyperlink-handler 'ansi-osc-hyperlink-handler "30.1")
+(define-obsolete-function-alias
+  'comint-osc-hyperlink 'ansi-osc-hyperlink "30.1")
+(define-obsolete-variable-alias
+  'comint-osc-hyperlink-map 'ansi-osc-hyperlink-map "30.1")
 
 (defun comint-osc-process-output (_)
   "Interpret OSC escape sequences in comint output.
@@ -3985,7 +3989,7 @@ comint-osc-process-output
 
 Specifically, every occurrence of such escape sequences is
 removed from the buffer.  Then, if `command' is a key of the
-`comint-osc-handlers' alist, the corresponding value, which
+`ansi-osc-handlers' alist, the corresponding value, which
 should be a function, is called with `command' and `text' as
 arguments, with point where the escape sequence was located."
   (let ((start (1- comint-last-output-start))
-- 
2.44.0