Subject: bug#7035: Savannah Emacs page fixes

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 10:17:11 +0200

> http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/emacs/
> "Source Code" link:
> 1) Remove "Use Git" and the following "Browse Sources Repository" link.
> (dead repository)

Could we find someone to maintain it up-to-date instead?

> 2) Change "Use CVS" to something like "Use CVS (web pages only)".

We could turn off CVS access, indeed, tho I'm not sure what are the
consequences in terms of the old CVS repository: would it still be
accessible via `cvs'?  Would it disappear completely?  Would we care?

> http://savannah.gnu.org/mail/?group=emacs

> 1) Any reason not to add the help-emacs-windows and gnu-emacs-sources
> lists?

This page is auto-generated.  So to add those lists, we'd have to
change them into standard lists managed by lists.gnu.org.  Since they're
also available as usenet groups, I'm not sure how easy such a switch
would be.

> 2) The "to post a message" comment is inappropriate for the lists:
> emacs-bug-tracker, emacs-diffs, and info-gnu-emacs.

Again, this is auto-generated, and I have no idea if a switch somewhere
in the mailing-list config controls this message and if so which one,

        Stefan