Subject: bug#7035: Savannah Emacs page fixes

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 10:14:31 +0200

>>> 2) Change "Use CVS" to something like "Use CVS (web pages only)".
>> We could turn off CVS access, 
> I wasn't suggesting turning off CVS access, just stop the slightly
> misleading advertisement of it in the "Source Code" menu.  It's still
> used for the Emacs web pages, so it is useful to have those
> instructions there for that.

IIUC the message you don't like is auto-generated and controlled by
whether or not the CVS flag is set.  Note that this flag only controls
the non-web part, IIUC (the web part is always unconditionally enabled).

Actually... it seems that the CVS part is already de-activated, so it
seems the problem is on the savannah side where the auto-generated
message isn't quite right.

>>> http://savannah.gnu.org/mail/?group=emacs
>> 
>>> 1) Any reason not to add the help-emacs-windows and gnu-emacs-sources
>>> lists?
>> 
>> This page is auto-generated. So to add those lists, we'd have to
>> change them into standard lists managed by lists.gnu.org.

> But they are standard lists.gnu.org lists:

> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-emacs-windows
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnu-emacs-sources

> AFAIK, there is no difference between these and eg bug-gnu-emacs.

I guess savannah hasn't been made aware that these belong to the
`emacs' project.

>>> 2) The "to post a message" comment is inappropriate for the lists:
>>> emacs-bug-tracker, emacs-diffs, and info-gnu-emacs.
>> Again, this is auto-generated,
> Oh well, I thought it might be.

Actually, the problem is that mailing-list configuration has only
"public" and "private" settings which control how easily one can
subscribe, but it doesn't have any settings about who can send email to
that list.

        Stefan