Subject: bug#7035: Savannah Emacs page fixes

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 12:30:19 -0400

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> 1) Remove "Use Git" and the following "Browse Sources Repository" link.
>> (dead repository)
>
> Could we find someone to maintain it up-to-date instead?

Hooray, more git discussion. :(

>> 2) Change "Use CVS" to something like "Use CVS (web pages only)".
>
> We could turn off CVS access, 

I wasn't suggesting turning off CVS access, just stop the slightly
misleading advertisement of it in the "Source Code" menu. It's still
used for the Emacs web pages, so it is useful to have those
instructions there for that.

>> http://savannah.gnu.org/mail/?group=emacs
>
>> 1) Any reason not to add the help-emacs-windows and gnu-emacs-sources
>> lists?
>
> This page is auto-generated. So to add those lists, we'd have to
> change them into standard lists managed by lists.gnu.org.

But they are standard lists.gnu.org lists:

http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-emacs-windows
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnu-emacs-sources

AFAIK, there is no difference between these and eg bug-gnu-emacs.

>> 2) The "to post a message" comment is inappropriate for the lists:
>> emacs-bug-tracker, emacs-diffs, and info-gnu-emacs.
>
> Again, this is auto-generated,

Oh well, I thought it might be.