Subject: bug#70348: closed (Re: bug#70348: [PATCH] Make preview placement more flexible)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 20:21:03 +0000

Your bug report

#70348: [PATCH] Make preview placement more flexible

which was filed against the auctex package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
70348: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70348
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#70348: [PATCH] Make preview placement more flexible
From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
To: Paul Nelson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 22:19:43 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Paul Nelson <[email-masked]> writes:

> See attached, and let me know if I missed anything else.

Thanks for your swift response.  I installed the change (e4def30851),
and closing.

Best, Arash

Subject: [PATCH] Make preview placement more flexible
From: Paul Nelson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 09:17:33 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

This patch has no effect on current behavior, but introduces a
variable preview-find-end-function that would allow (e.g.) an external
package to modify how previews overlays are placed, without resorting
to advice.

The code needed to be rearranged a bit because the implementation of
preview-find-end-function that I have in mind requires the beginning
of the region as an argument, which thus needs to be computed outside
the argument list of preview-place-preview.

This patch complements the preprocessing step introduced in bug#70295.
I'd be happy to supply more detailed motivation if that would be
helpful.

Thanks, best,

Paul