Subject: [PATCH] 29.1.50; csharp-ts-mode indentation of if statements with single-statement body

From: Jacob Leeming <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 21:32:02 +0100

Hi all,

>From emacs -Q:

Evaluate this elisp to set up treesitter for csharp:

(setq treesit-language-source-alist '((c-sharp
"https://github.com/tree-sitter/tree-sitter-c-sharp" "master" "src"))
      treesit-load-name-override-list '((c-sharp
"libtree-sitter-csharp" "tree_sitter_c_sharp"))
      major-mode-remap-alist '((csharp-mode . csharp-ts-mode)))

Insert the following text into a csharp-ts-mode buffer:

if (true)
var x = 2;

Try to indent the variable declaration of the function with
indent-for-tab-command. Nothing will happen. I'd expect to see this:

if (true)
    var x = 2;

This issue can be fixed with the following patch:

diff --git a/lisp/progmodes/csharp-mode.el b/lisp/progmodes/csharp-mode.el
index 53c52e6..1a7d535 100644
--- a/lisp/progmodes/csharp-mode.el
+++ b/lisp/progmodes/csharp-mode.el
@@ -678,7 +678,8 @@ csharp-ts-mode--indent-rules
      ((parent-is "binary_expression") parent 0)
      ((parent-is "block") parent-bol csharp-ts-mode-indent-offset)
      ((parent-is "local_function_statement") parent-bol 0)
-     ((parent-is "if_statement") parent-bol 0)
+     ((match "block" "if_statement") parent-bol 0)
+     ((parent-is "if_statement") parent-bol csharp-ts-mode-indent-offset)
      ((parent-is "for_statement") parent-bol 0)
      ((parent-is "for_each_statement") parent-bol 0)
      ((parent-is "while_statement") parent-bol 0)

Cheers,
Jacob