Subject: Re: bug#70345: [PATCH] 29.1.50; csharp-ts-mode indentation of if statements with single-statement body

From: john muhl <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 12:13:12 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: john muhl <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Jacob Leeming <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
>>  [email-masked], [email-masked]
>> Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 08:10:47 -0500
>> 
>> The test should check that the c-sharp grammar is available so
>> that it gets marked as skipped instead of failed.
>> 
>> >From 068cad8612c31cea41f0cc21a865efe0785d4e7a Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
>> From: john muhl <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 09:55:42 -0500
>> Subject: [PATCH] ; Skip 'csharp-ts-mode' test if grammar is missing
>> 
>> * test/lisp/progmodes/csharp-mode-tests.el
>> (csharp-ts-mode-test-indentation): Skip test instead of failing.
>> ---
>>  test/lisp/progmodes/csharp-mode-tests.el | 1 +
>>  1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)
>> 
>> diff --git a/test/lisp/progmodes/csharp-mode-tests.el b/test/lisp/progmodes/csharp-mode-tests.el
>> index 2878fa601f2..b3c57a7026b 100644
>> --- a/test/lisp/progmodes/csharp-mode-tests.el
>> +++ b/test/lisp/progmodes/csharp-mode-tests.el
>> @@ -27,6 +27,7 @@ csharp-mode-test-indentation
>>    (ert-test-erts-file (ert-resource-file "indent.erts")))
>>  
>>  (ert-deftest csharp-ts-mode-test-indentation ()
>> +  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'c-sharp))
>>    (ert-test-erts-file (ert-resource-file "indent-ts.erts")))
>
> Thanks, but shouldn't we invoke treesit-ready-p with second argument
> non-nil?

Looks like it’s gone either way so far.

$ git grep 'treesit-ready-p' test/lisp/
test/lisp/align-tests.el:(autoload 'treesit-ready-p "treesit")
test/lisp/align-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'lua))
test/lisp/progmodes/c-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'c))
test/lisp/progmodes/c-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'c))
test/lisp/progmodes/c-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'c))
test/lisp/progmodes/c-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'c))
test/lisp/progmodes/csharp-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'c-sharp))
test/lisp/progmodes/elixir-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (and (treesit-ready-p 'elixir) (treesit-ready-p 'heex)))
test/lisp/progmodes/go-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'go))
test/lisp/progmodes/heex-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'heex))
test/lisp/progmodes/java-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'java))
test/lisp/progmodes/java-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'java))
test/lisp/progmodes/js-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'javascript))
test/lisp/progmodes/lua-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'lua))
test/lisp/progmodes/lua-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'lua))
test/lisp/progmodes/lua-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'lua))
test/lisp/progmodes/lua-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'lua))
test/lisp/progmodes/python-tests.el:     (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'python))
test/lisp/progmodes/ruby-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'ruby t))
test/lisp/progmodes/ruby-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'ruby t))
test/lisp/progmodes/ruby-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'ruby t))
test/lisp/progmodes/ruby-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'ruby t))
test/lisp/progmodes/ruby-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'ruby t))
test/lisp/progmodes/ruby-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'ruby t))
test/lisp/progmodes/ruby-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'ruby t))
test/lisp/progmodes/ruby-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'ruby t))
test/lisp/progmodes/ruby-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'ruby t))
test/lisp/progmodes/ruby-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'ruby t))
test/lisp/progmodes/ruby-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'ruby t))
test/lisp/progmodes/ruby-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'ruby t))
test/lisp/progmodes/ruby-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'ruby t))
test/lisp/progmodes/ruby-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'ruby t))
test/lisp/progmodes/ruby-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'ruby t))
test/lisp/progmodes/ruby-ts-mode-tests.el:     (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'ruby t))
test/lisp/progmodes/rust-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (treesit-ready-p 'rust))
test/lisp/progmodes/typescript-ts-mode-tests.el:  (skip-unless (and (treesit-ready-p 'typescript)
test/lisp/progmodes/typescript-ts-mode-tests.el:                    (treesit-ready-p 'tsx)))