Subject: Re: bug#7034: 24.0.50; Visit a remote file fails on windows

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 15:17:37 +0200

Hi Michael,

> Your example ftp.mozilla.org is unresponsive. So I've tried to open
>
> <PATH-TO-EMACS>\emacs.exe -Q /ftp:[email-masked]:/README
>
> It works. There is no special ftp client on this machine, just the
> default MS ftp client 6.1.7601.17514 (still not able to run passive
> mode). And I run it from behind a NATed router.
>
> So I don't know what else I shall do in order to reproduce it. Could
> you, pls, check with a recent Emacs whether you still experience
> problems?

I've just tried your same test, from an environment similar to yours:
  <PATH-TO-EMACS>\emacs.exe -Q /ftp:[email-masked]:/README

and it works here too.

For the record, here I have Emacs 25.1 (compiled from the emacs-25
branch 4 days ago).

So I think you can close this bug.  I can close it too.  Should I?

Thank you.

-- 
Dani Moncayo