Subject: 24.0.50; Visit a remote file fails on windows

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 20:28:42 +0200

I'm reopening this bug report, because I'm experiencing it with the
latest Windows build of Emacs, on a Windows 7 system (real, not
virtualized).

0. emacs -Q.
1. C-x C-f /[email-masked]:/pub/mozilla.org/README

I don't understand why Emacs is unable to visit that file, given that:
 * My browser can show the contents of the file without problem.
 * I also can get the file using the standard windows ftp client (I
sign in with user="ftp" and pass="ftp").
 * My network connection has nothing special: An ethernet port
connected to a cable modem.

I've attached the contents of the ftp session buffer.

TIA.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600)
 of 2011-05-31 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/build/includ

-- 
Dani Moncayo