Subject: bug#70331: [PATCH] Call custom folding functions with consistent point

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 23:25:28 +0200

Hi Paul,

Paul Nelson <[email-masked]> writes:

> From 594ff7ad7454d42dbab37e213714f9827e1061b1 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Paul Nelson <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 07:33:21 +0200
> Subject: [PATCH] Call custom folding functions with consistent point

Thanks for patch, I installed it (5f40b686b4).  I have one question
though:

> * tex-fold.el (TeX-fold-hide-item): Call folding spec with point at
> beginning of item.
> * doc/auctex.texi (Folding): Mention the new convention.

How do you generate the changelog above?  When I paste the entry in my
ChangeLog inside my local repo and re-fill, it looks like this:

  * tex-fold.el (TeX-fold-hide-item): Call folding spec with point
  at beginning of item.
  * doc/auctex.texi (Folding): Mention the new convention.

Note the different line break after "point".  In value of `fill-column'
should be set to 74 when editing the ChangeLog.  Which value do you see?

Best, Arash