Subject: bug#70331: [PATCH] Call custom folding functions with consistent point

From: Paul Nelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 23:48:35 +0200

Hi Arash,

> How do you generate the changelog above?  When I paste the entry in my
> ChangeLog inside my local repo and re-fill, it looks like this:
>
>   * tex-fold.el (TeX-fold-hide-item): Call folding spec with point
>   at beginning of item.
>   * doc/auctex.texi (Folding): Mention the new convention.
>
> Note the different line break after "point".  In value of `fill-column'
> should be set to 74 when editing the ChangeLog.  Which value do you see?

I've generally been trying to remember to set fill-column to 63
(following my interpretation of
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/CONTRIBUTE#n243), but
guess I forgot here -- I suspect I used 70, which seems to be the
default for me via magit or vc.el.  I suspect you meant to write 64
rather than 74?  Happy to hardcode mine to that (or whatever) so I
won't forget.

Thanks,b est,

Paul