Subject: bug#70330: closed (Re: bug#70330: [PATCH] Add new custom option `TeX-fold-region-functions')

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 08:53:04 +0000

Your bug report

#70330: [PATCH] Add new custom option `TeX-fold-region-functions'

which was filed against the auctex package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
70330: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70330
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#70330: [PATCH] Add new custom option `TeX-fold-region-functions'
From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
To: Paul Nelson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 10:51:47 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Paul Nelson <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Arash, see attached, and let me know if I missed anything.

Thanks for the update.  I slightly touched and installed it.  Therefore
I'm closing this report.

Best, Arash

Subject: [PATCH] Add new custom option `TeX-fold-region-functions'
From: Paul Nelson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 07:45:48 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

This patch adds a hook TeX-fold-region-functions, called at the end of
TeX-fold-region.

The motivation is that this can be used to fold miscellaneous tex
stuff.  For example, in https://github.com/ultronozm/czm-tex-fold.el,
I have used similar functionality, implemented via :after advice, to
fold quotes, dashes, and \verb|...| constructs.  The new variable
would allow me to excise the advice.

Thanks, best,

Paul