Subject: Re: [bug#70323] [PATCH] gnu: vtk: Update to 9.3.0

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2024 12:31:30 +0200

Hi Lars,

Apparently this change breaks Freecad:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
/tmp/guix-build-freecad-0.21.2.drv-0/source/src/3rdParty/salomesmesh/src/SMDS/SMDS_UnstructuredGrid.cpp: In member func
tion ‘void SMDS_UnstructuredGrid::BuildLinks()’:
/tmp/guix-build-freecad-0.21.2.drv-0/source/src/3rdParty/salomesmesh/src/SMDS/SMDS_UnstructuredGrid.cpp:1029:25: error:
 no matching function for call to ‘vtkCellLinks::BuildLinks(SMDS_UnstructuredGrid*)’
 1029 |   GetLinks()->BuildLinks(this);
      |   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~
In file included from /tmp/guix-build-freecad-0.21.2.drv-0/source/src/3rdParty/salomesmesh/inc/SMDS_UnstructuredGrid.hx
x:30,
                 from /tmp/guix-build-freecad-0.21.2.drv-0/source/src/3rdParty/salomesmesh/src/SMDS/SMDS_UnstructuredGr
id.cpp:20:
/gnu/store/r3zpn5wmn98rllifyqq4h4wkp46zq0j2-vtk-9.3.0/include/vtk-9.3/vtkCellLinks.h:56:8: note: candidate: ‘virtual vo
id vtkCellLinks::BuildLinks()’
   56 |   void BuildLinks() override;
      |        ^~~~~~~~~~
/gnu/store/r3zpn5wmn98rllifyqq4h4wkp46zq0j2-vtk-9.3.0/include/vtk-9.3/vtkCellLinks.h:56:8: note:   candidate expects 0 
arguments, 1 provided
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I haven’t checked the other dependents returned by ‘guix refresh -l
vtk@9’, but we should (for some reason
<https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/70328> hasn’t caught up).

Could you take a look?

Thanks,
Ludo’.