Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Use guile-final for grafting.

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 13:03:58 +0300

Over the years the grafting code has changed bit by bit, with various
attempts to speed it up.  By switching the grafts to not use parallelism
in rewriting the leaves we can finally switch the guile-for-grafts to be
guile-final.  The segfault is still there if we perform the grafts in
parallel, but I believe it is fast enough that it should be fine to do
them sequentially.

There's probably room in replace-store-references in (guix build graft)
for changes if we're not going to use guile-2.0 here anymore.

There are also a number of default guiles in (guix grafts) which should
maybe be %guile-for-grafts instead of %guile-for-build.

Efraim Flashner (2):
  graft: Remove work-around for old guile.
  graft: Perform grafts with guile-final.

 guix/build/graft.scm | 55 +++++---------------------------------------
 guix/packages.scm    |  6 ++---
 2 files changed, 8 insertions(+), 53 deletions(-)

base-commit: 51de844a0ff6ea224367a384092896bce6848b9f
prerequisite-patch-id: ea387a4f9d860397a26c840c11c8742f0ac70fc3
-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   רנשלפ םירפא
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted