Subject: 30.0.50; secrets-create-item mangles cyrillic passwords

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2024 08:18:37 +0000

using this Secret Service API code in 'emacs -Q'

(require 'secrets)
(secrets-create-item "session" "my item" "парола" :method "sudo" :user
"joe" :host "remote-host")

Successfully creates an entry but the password "парола" is mangled to
"?0@>;0" and cannot be viewed both with M-x secrets-show-secrets 
and secret-tool cli tool , this does not occur with latin passwords

Tested with both gnome-keyring and keepassxc as API backends.

--text follows this line-
In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.41, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-04-08 built on
 arch-nspawn-197981
Repository revision: 600ac35cc6597b63306786bffd0d762f70555322
Repository branch: master
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-modules --without-m17n-flt --without-gconf
 --with-native-compilation=yes --with-xinput2 --with-pgtk
 --without-xaw3d --with-sound=no --with-tree-sitter --without-gpm
 --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection -g
 -ffile-prefix-map=/build/emacs-git/src=/usr/src/debug/emacs-git
 -flto=auto' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--sort-common -Wl,--as-needed
 -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs -flto=auto''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: bg_BG.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: bg_BG.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: bg_BG.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

-- 
KN