Subject: bug#70301: closed (Re: bug#70301: 30.0.50; secrets-create-item mangles cyrillic passwords)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 09:01:04 +0000

Your bug report

#70301: 30.0.50; secrets-create-item mangles cyrillic passwords

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
70301: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70301
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#70301: 30.0.50; secrets-create-item mangles cyrillic passwords
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 10:59:56 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 30.1

[email-masked] writes:

Hi,

>> Pushed to master. Could you, pls, check whether it works as expected?
>
> It works as expected, thank you.

Thanks for the feedback. Closing the bug.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 30.0.50; secrets-create-item mangles cyrillic passwords
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2024 08:18:37 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

using this Secret Service API code in 'emacs -Q'

(require 'secrets)
(secrets-create-item "session" "my item" "парола" :method "sudo" :user
"joe" :host "remote-host")

Successfully creates an entry but the password "парола" is mangled to
"?0@>;0" and cannot be viewed both with M-x secrets-show-secrets 
and secret-tool cli tool , this does not occur with latin passwords

Tested with both gnome-keyring and keepassxc as API backends.

--text follows this line-
In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.41, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-04-08 built on
 arch-nspawn-197981
Repository revision: 600ac35cc6597b63306786bffd0d762f70555322
Repository branch: master
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-modules --without-m17n-flt --without-gconf
 --with-native-compilation=yes --with-xinput2 --with-pgtk
 --without-xaw3d --with-sound=no --with-tree-sitter --without-gpm
 --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection -g
 -ffile-prefix-map=/build/emacs-git/src=/usr/src/debug/emacs-git
 -flto=auto' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--sort-common -Wl,--as-needed
 -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs -flto=auto''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: bg_BG.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: bg_BG.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: bg_BG.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

-- 
KN