Subject: bug#9206: closed (Re: bug#7030: seems fixed in trunk)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 06:33:04 +0000

Your bug report

#7030: 23.3; missing menus on OS X

which was filed against the emacs,ns package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
7030: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=7030
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#7030: seems fixed in trunk
From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
To: Derrell Piper <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 07:30:29 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello.

21 dec 2011 kl. 00:39 skrev Derrell Piper:

> I pulled the trunk and rebuilt the world from scratch and with the latest changes, the problem no longer occurs.  It's fixed as far as I can tell.

Ok, closing this report.

Thanks for testing.

	Jan D.

Subject: 23.3; missing menus on OS X
From: Rupert Levene <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 13:47:21 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm running emacs 23.3 on OS X 10.6.8, and for this bug report I
started it with -Q.

If I click on any of the menu names in the OS X menu bar between
"File" and "Buffers" inclusive, the menu does not appear at all. If I
click on the "Emacs" and "Help" menus, then the menu does appear as
expected.

I can access all the menu commands via M-` but not through the OS X menu bar.

In GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.35)
 of 2011-03-10 on black.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1038
configured using `configure  '--host=x86_64-apple-darwin'
'--build=i686-apple-darwin' '--with-ns'
'build_alias=i686-apple-darwin' 'host_alias=x86_64-apple-darwin'
'CC=gcc -mmacosx-version-min=10.5''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_IE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x <up> e m a c s C-h C-h C-h <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> C-g <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> r e p o r t SPC e m SPC SPC
<return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
goto-history-element: Beginning of history; no preceding item

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc
time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit mailheader canlock sha1
hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug help-mode view tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win easymenu tool-bar dnd fontset
image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom
widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process ns
multi-tty emacs)