Subject: bug#70299: 30.0.50; go-ts-mode + [email-masked] no highlighting

From: Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 00:43:57 +0100

--text follows this line--

- emacs -Q;
- M-x treesit-install-language-grammar
  - go
  - github.com/tree-sitter/tree-sitter-go

- Open up a new buffer and use go-ts-mode
- Write some go-code
```
package my_pkg
type myStruct struct {}
func MyFunc(x context.Context) error {}
```
- Observe that there is no syntax highlighting
- Observe that treesit-explore-mode seems to work properly
- Conclude that there is something wrong with go-ts-mode's
  highlighting. There is highlighting with tree-sitter-go v0.19.1, but
  that grammar also seems to come with some bugs.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin23.4.0, NS
 appkit-2487.50 Version 14.4.1 (Build 23E224)) of 2024-04-08 built on
 MF9VWRYQFN
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2487
System Description:  macOS 14.4.1

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-locallisppath=/opt/homebrew/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@30/30.0.50/share/info/emacs
 --prefix=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@30/30.0.50 --with-xml2
 --with-gnutls --without-compress-install --without-dbus
 --without-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg --with-webp --with-ns
 --disable-ns-self-contained 'CFLAGS=-Os -w -pipe
 -mmacosx-version-min=14
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX14.sdk
 -DFD_SETSIZE=10000 -DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT'
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/include
 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/sqlite/include -I/opt/homebrew/opt/readline/include
 -isystem/opt/homebrew/include -F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX14.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/lib -L/opt/homebrew/opt/sqlite/lib
 -L/opt/homebrew/opt/readline/lib -L/opt/homebrew/lib
 -F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX14.sdk''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER
WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Go

Minor modes in effect:
  treesit-explore-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils python
rx project byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile compat pcase comint
ansi-osc ring ansi-color cl-seq go-ts-mode treesit vc-git diff-mode
easy-mmode vc-dispatcher cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 104850 12135) (symbols 48 7868 0) (strings 32 21254 2120)
 (string-bytes 1 586116) (vectors 16 14537)
 (vector-slots 8 156722 9447) (floats 8 27 34) (intervals 56 5547 0)
 (buffers 992 13))