Subject: [bug#70282] [PATCH 1/2] gnu: gnome-shell: Wrap d-bus services.

From: Dariqq <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 09:04:46 +0000

Hi,

On 10.04.24 20:20, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, dem 10.04.2024 um 08:07 +0000 schrieb Dariqq:
>>
>>
>> On 09.04.24 19:04, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:
>>> You can possibly use wrap-script instead of wrap-program, so that
>>> you only need a single file.  I've also written Javascript code to
>>> expand GI_TYPELIB_PATH in other packages already, perhaps you want
>>> to copy that?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>
>> Thanks for the hint with the javascript code. This makes the fix even
>> easier as the extra patch is no longer required.
>>
>> But then what to do with pipewire/GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH? We would be
>> back at propagating it somewhere.
>>
>> Also do you have an idea how to communicate to users to enable the
>> pipewire home service if they want the screenrecorder to work?

> For pipewire I'm not sure what the problem is, really.  For
> GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH you can add a wrapper that amends the
> environment variable or possibly call some Gst function – either in
> Guile with wrap-script or possibly in Javascript.

Unfortunately wrap-script does not work as the file 
#$gnome-shell/share/gnome-shell/org.gnome.Shell.Screencast has no 
shebang line set and even if it would ( enabled by the extra patch) gjs 
is not a valid interpreter for wrap_script and trying to change that 
rebuilds everything.

I am currently trying to find out if it is possible to do a similiar 
thing as the GI_TYPELIB_PATH with javascript. Or change the environment 
variable before through another way. My limited javascript knowledge is 
not helping here either.

> Cheers

Have a nice day