Subject: [bug#70282] [PATCH 1/2] gnu: gnome-shell: Wrap d-bus services.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 20:20:06 +0200

Am Mittwoch, dem 10.04.2024 um 08:07 +0000 schrieb Dariqq:
> 
> 
> On 09.04.24 19:04, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:
> > You can possibly use wrap-script instead of wrap-program, so that
> > you only need a single file.  I've also written Javascript code to
> > expand GI_TYPELIB_PATH in other packages already, perhaps you want
> > to copy that?
> > 
> > Cheers
> 
> Thanks for the hint with the javascript code. This makes the fix even
> easier as the extra patch is no longer required.
> 
> But then what to do with pipewire/GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH? We would be
> back at propagating it somewhere.
> 
> Also do you have an idea how to communicate to users to enable the 
> pipewire home service if they want the screenrecorder to work?
For pipewire I'm not sure what the problem is, really.  For
GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH you can add a wrapper that amends the
environment variable or possibly call some Gst function – either in
Guile with wrap-script or possibly in Javascript.

Cheers