Subject: bug#7028: closed (Re: bug#7028: 24.0.50; incomplete ns protocol implementations in nsmenu)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2016 14:01:01 +0000

Your bug report

#7028: 24.0.50; incomplete ns protocol implementations in nsmenu

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
7028: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=7028
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#7028: 24.0.50; incomplete ns protocol implementations in nsmenu
From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
To: Derrell Piper <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2016 14:00:12 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Derrell Piper <[email-masked]> writes:

> The current GNUstep trunk is giving warnings about not completely
> implementing these protocols (10.6.4, Xcode 3.2.4, MacOSX10.6.sdk):
>
> gcc -c  -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I. -I/Users/ddp/src/emacs/src            >    -MMD -MF deps/nsmenu.d  -Wimplicit-function-declaration -Wold-style-defi> nition -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign  -g -O2  nsmenu.m
> nsmenu.m: In function ‘ns_update_menubar’:
> nsmenu.m:461: warning: class 'EmacsMenu' does not implement the 'NSMenuDele> gate' protocol
> nsmenu.m: In function ‘-[EmacsMenu initWithTitle:frame:]’:
> nsmenu.m:552: warning: class 'EmacsMenu' does not implement the 'NSMenuDele> gate' protocol
> nsmenu.m: In function ‘-[EmacsMenu fillWithWidgetValue:]’:
> nsmenu.m:717: warning: ‘sizeToFit’ is deprecated (declared > at /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSMenu.h:281)
> nsmenu.m: In function ‘-[EmacsToolbar initForView:withIdentifier:]> ’:
> nsmenu.m:1126: warning: class 'EmacsToolbar' does not implement the 'NSTool> barDelegate' protocol
> nsmenu.m: In function ‘-[EmacsTooltip init]’:
> nsmenu.m:1257: warning: class 'EmacsTooltip' does not implement the 'NSWind> owDelegate' protocol

I can't reproduce these warnings on the current master on macOS 10.12. I
get plenty of others warnings, just not these.

I think it's safe to assume this has been sorted at some point in the
last six years. If you still see these, please let us know.
-- 
Alan Third

Subject: 24.0.50; incomplete ns protocol implementations in nsmenu
From: Derrell Piper <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 10:48:48 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The current GNUstep trunk is giving warnings about not completely
implementing these protocols (10.6.4, Xcode 3.2.4, MacOSX10.6.sdk):

gcc -c  -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I. -I/Users/ddp/src/emacs/src            =
   -MMD -MF deps/nsmenu.d  -Wimplicit-function-declaration -Wold-style-defi=
nition -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign  -g -O2  nsmenu.m
nsmenu.m: In function =E2=80=98ns_update_menubar=E2=80=99:
nsmenu.m:461: warning: class 'EmacsMenu' does not implement the 'NSMenuDele=
gate' protocol
nsmenu.m: In function =E2=80=98-[EmacsMenu initWithTitle:frame:]=E2=80=99:
nsmenu.m:552: warning: class 'EmacsMenu' does not implement the 'NSMenuDele=
gate' protocol
nsmenu.m: In function =E2=80=98-[EmacsMenu fillWithWidgetValue:]=E2=80=99:
nsmenu.m:717: warning: =E2=80=98sizeToFit=E2=80=99 is deprecated (declared =
at /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSMenu.h:281)
nsmenu.m: In function =E2=80=98-[EmacsToolbar initForView:withIdentifier:]=
=E2=80=99:
nsmenu.m:1126: warning: class 'EmacsToolbar' does not implement the 'NSTool=
barDelegate' protocol
nsmenu.m: In function =E2=80=98-[EmacsTooltip init]=E2=80=99:
nsmenu.m:1257: warning: class 'EmacsTooltip' does not implement the 'NSWind=
owDelegate' protocol

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.3 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1038.32)
of 2010-09-13 on fluffy.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1038
configured using `configure  '--with-ns''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r t - <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading /Users/ddp/src/el/custom.el (source)...done
--> .emacs loaded in 1s
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
~/src/el/custom hides /Users/ddp/src/trunk/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Reso=
urces/lisp/custom
~/src/el/xscheme hides /Users/ddp/src/trunk/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Res=
ources/lisp/progmodes/xscheme
/Users/ddp/src/trunk/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/c=
c-vars hides /Users/ddp/src/el/cc-mode-5.31.3/cc-vars
/Users/ddp/src/trunk/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/c=
c-styles hides /Users/ddp/src/el/cc-mode-5.31.3/cc-styles
/Users/ddp/src/trunk/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/c=
c-mode hides /Users/ddp/src/el/cc-mode-5.31.3/cc-mode
/Users/ddp/src/trunk/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/c=
c-menus hides /Users/ddp/src/el/cc-mode-5.31.3/cc-menus
/Users/ddp/src/trunk/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/c=
c-langs hides /Users/ddp/src/el/cc-mode-5.31.3/cc-langs
/Users/ddp/src/trunk/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/c=
c-fonts hides /Users/ddp/src/el/cc-mode-5.31.3/cc-fonts
/Users/ddp/src/trunk/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/c=
c-engine hides /Users/ddp/src/el/cc-mode-5.31.3/cc-engine
/Users/ddp/src/trunk/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/c=
c-defs hides /Users/ddp/src/el/cc-mode-5.31.3/cc-defs
/Users/ddp/src/trunk/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/c=
c-compat hides /Users/ddp/src/el/cc-mode-5.31.3/cc-compat
/Users/ddp/src/trunk/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/c=
c-cmds hides /Users/ddp/src/el/cc-mode-5.31.3/cc-cmds
/Users/ddp/src/trunk/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/c=
c-bytecomp hides /Users/ddp/src/el/cc-mode-5.31.3/cc-bytecomp
/Users/ddp/src/trunk/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/c=
c-awk hides /Users/ddp/src/el/cc-mode-5.31.3/cc-awk
/Users/ddp/src/trunk/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/c=
c-align hides /Users/ddp/src/el/cc-mode-5.31.3/cc-align

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug
finder-inf package simple-wiki derived scheme-complete git-blame git
log-edit easy-mmode ring pcvs-util ewoc add-log avoid server paren
mic-paren cl cl-19 tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
ns-win easymenu tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)