Subject: [bug#70202] [PATCH] doc: Add message for common error about make check-system

From: Richard Sent <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2024 08:13:03 -0400

Hi Florian,

"pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello Richard, I am hesitant because I cannot reproduce the error and it
> might be better to fix it rather than document it.  Looking at,

I can't reliably reproduce the error myself. It simply "comes up" every
now and then if I switch between branches with an existing build and try
rebuilding Guix and rerunning the tests. Agreed, a fix would be
preferred. I have absolutely no idea how.

> I do not understand Guix well enough why this could happen.  Since `make
> clean-go` helps, the cause must be in Guix’ .go files and not some
> cache.  In Makefile.am, the check-system target depends on $(GOBJECTS).
>
> I presume gnu/tests.go and gnu/ci.go should be added to GOBJECTS?
> Or gnu/tests.scm and gnu/ci.scm should be added to MODULES?

I don't believe the issue is limited to those two files in particular
(although it could be). That just happened to be the file causing the
problem when I caught the error and pasted it in the doc.

> But I do not really understand.

That makes two of us. :)

-- 
Take it easy,
Richard Sent
Making my computer weirder one commit at a time.