Subject: Re: bug#70189: [PATCH] Simple request to add '.eln' to the 'completion-ignored-extensions' list

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2024 10:19:31 +0300

> From: Robert Burks <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 18:51:12 -0400
> Cc: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> I had some time so I went ahead and updated the bug numbers in all the patches.
> Please see revised patches attached.
> 
> 1) Revised all bug numbers to the assigned numbers.
> 2) Squashed #32 from the email prior to this into #20
> 3) Fixed the wording of a comment in #11
> 4) Rebased, rebuilt, and retested on commit 64e1cfb98cb

I'm confused.  You originally filed no fewer than 8 separate bug
reports, each one with several patches.  Does this revised set replace
all of them? some of them?  If the latter, which ones does it replace
and which ones are still relevant as originally submitted?

In general, lumping together several different patches is not a good
idea, especially if you opened several separate bugs for them.  It
makes our work of reviewing and managing these bugs much harder,
especially given the fact that there are no less than 31 patches
overall here with overlapping changes and issues.

(We need to wait for the completion of your legal paperwork anyway.)