Subject: bug#70179: closed (Re: [bug#70179] [PATCH 0/3] Use system nss-certs in Python.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2024 12:07:02 +0000

Your bug report

#70179: [PATCH 0/3] Use system nss-certs in Python.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
70179: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70179
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#70179] [PATCH 0/3] Use system nss-certs in Python.
From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
To: Lars-Dominik Braun <[email-masked]>
Cc: Tanguy Le Carrour <[email-masked]>, Munyoki Kilyungi <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], jgart <[email-masked]>, Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>, Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 15:06:29 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Fri, Apr 05, 2024 at 10:27:46AM +0900, Lars-Dominik Braun wrote:
> Hi Efraim,
> 
> > It turns out that the Python ecosystem bundles a version of nss-certs.
> > This patch series should change it so that it uses the system nss-certs
> > instead.
> 
> I would change the comment at the top of core.py so it mentions this is
> a Guix-specific version of certifi.py, so it’s clear the package has
> been altered. You probably don’t need `_CA_CERTS = None`, since the
> try…except clause covers all cases.
> 
> Otherwise LGTM.

I left the initial `_CA_CERTS = None` as a sort of initial declaration
of the variable, since I don't really know python that well and I didn't
think it was correct to declare it inside the try…except.

I added the line at the top of core.py saying it was Guix specific and I
also adjusted the commit message for python mentioning the
$SSL_CERT_FILE in the natives-search-paths.

Then I went to build my home-config and I realized what I'd done with
the native-search-paths in python-3.10 and I moved it to the replacement
python so it wouldn't cause a world rebuild.

Patches pushed!

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   רנשלפ םירפא
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted

Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Use system nss-certs in Python.
From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 08:55:05 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

It turns out that the Python ecosystem bundles a version of nss-certs.
This patch series should change it so that it uses the system nss-certs
instead.

Efraim Flashner (3):
  gnu: python-certifi: Use system SSL certificates.
  gnu: python-pip: Use system SSL certificates.
  gnu: python: Use system SSL certificates.

 gnu/packages/python-build.scm  | 34 +++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/python-crypto.scm | 34 +++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/python.scm        | 67 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 135 insertions(+)

base-commit: 188d18fc47f0d38edfe06e3e5834fa8587bd300b
-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   רנשלפ םירפא
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted