Subject: [bug#70178] Request for merging "mesa-updates" branch

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 11:52:54 +0100

John Kehayias <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2024 at 11:32 AM, Christopher Baines wrote:
>
>> Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> John Kehayias via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>
>>>> I submitted a bunch of patches to mesa-updates a few days ago. From
>>>> what I can tell things have gone well on x86_64, with most of the
>>>> "new" failures listed are compared to previous mesa-updates and are
>>>> ones broken on master too. A few failed from some time issue on hydra
>>>> 128. And a few were legitimate failures which I have fixed. I'll go
>>>> through again and make sure I didn't miss anything. I've been using
>>>> this branch locally for a few things without issues so far.
>>>>
>>>> So...I'm guessing the main thing is to wait for non-x86 coverage. Is
>>>> there a way to see that on Bordeaux? As always, please report any
>>>> issues, but hopefully this will be good to go once builds are done.
>>>
>>> The page on QA should show substitute availability [1]. It's probably
>>> going to take a week, probably closer to two to get to a reasonable
>>> level.
>>
>> Substitute availability is getting there, it's just i686-linux which is
>> lagging behind (which is expected with the limited compute resources
>> available).
>>
>> I've just pushed a merge commit to keep the branch up to date with
>> master.
>
> Thanks for helping out. I merged with
> 2d5736cc3e869fadd2592cc13a8d332fac63b144. i686 is still a bit lower but
> seemed to really slow down or pause, even after I gave it another day.
> Anyways, hopefully is fine!

Great. As for the i686 builds, this was probably slowed down by the
x86_64 builds taking priority after pushing the master merge, since that
triggered builds for both i686 and x86_64.