Subject: bug#70178: closed (Re: bug#70178: Request for merging "mesa-updates" branch)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 05:26:02 +0000

Your bug report

#70178: Request for merging "mesa-updates" branch

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
70178: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70178
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#70178: Request for merging "mesa-updates" branch
From: John Kehayias <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Simon Streit <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 05:25:13 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

On Mon, Apr 15, 2024 at 11:32 AM, Christopher Baines wrote:

> Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> John Kehayias via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> I submitted a bunch of patches to mesa-updates a few days ago. From
>>> what I can tell things have gone well on x86_64, with most of the
>>> "new" failures listed are compared to previous mesa-updates and are
>>> ones broken on master too. A few failed from some time issue on hydra
>>> 128. And a few were legitimate failures which I have fixed. I'll go
>>> through again and make sure I didn't miss anything. I've been using
>>> this branch locally for a few things without issues so far.
>>>
>>> So...I'm guessing the main thing is to wait for non-x86 coverage. Is
>>> there a way to see that on Bordeaux? As always, please report any
>>> issues, but hopefully this will be good to go once builds are done.
>>
>> The page on QA should show substitute availability [1]. It's probably
>> going to take a week, probably closer to two to get to a reasonable
>> level.
>
> Substitute availability is getting there, it's just i686-linux which is
> lagging behind (which is expected with the limited compute resources
> available).
>
> I've just pushed a merge commit to keep the branch up to date with
> master.

Thanks for helping out. I merged with
2d5736cc3e869fadd2592cc13a8d332fac63b144. i686 is still a bit lower but
seemed to really slow down or pause, even after I gave it another day.
Anyways, hopefully is fine!

Also, thanks Simon for testing and reporting, apologies for not
responding earlier to your message.

Thanks,
John

Subject: Request for merging "mesa-updates" branch
From: John Kehayias <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2024 05:55:08 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix,

I submitted a bunch of patches to mesa-updates a few days ago. From what I can tell things have gone well on x86_64, with most of the "new" failures listed are compared to previous mesa-updates and are ones broken on master too. A few failed from some time issue on hydra 128. And a few were legitimate failures which I have fixed. I'll go through again and make sure I didn't miss anything. I've been using this branch locally for a few things without issues so far.

So...I'm guessing the main thing is to wait for non-x86 coverage. Is there a way to see that on Bordeaux? As always, please report any issues, but hopefully this will be good to go once builds are done.

John