Subject: debbugs 0.40; Empty *Group* buffer remains after quitting‘debbugs’

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2024 19:34:56 +0200

Hi,

Debbugs is a GNU ELPA package. As such, an ordinary bug report for Emacs
is preferred.

Contacting me as the author isn't wrong; I'm forwarding your message in
order to get it registered as Emacs bug.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: debbugs 0.40; Empty *Group* buffer remains after quitting‘debbugs’
From: tpeplt <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2024 13:08:13 -0400

Michael Albinus,

Thank you for providing and maintaining the ‘debbugs’ package.

   After searching the Info manuals for ‘debbugs’ and
‘debbugs-ug’ for instructions on where or how to report a
problem with ‘debbugs’ and not finding any information, I am
writing to your email address as the only contact
information that I could find (via ‘list-packages’ for ‘debbugs’).

   The problem that I am reporting below is occurring with
Emacs version 29.3 and debbugs 0.40.  Here are the steps to
reproduce this problem:

1. Enter the command ‘debbugs-gnu-bugs’:

   M-x debbugs-gnu-bugs RET

2. At the prompt, enter a random bug number:

   Bug numbers (default -10): 123 RET

3. The *Bugs* buffer is displayed with messages for the
   corresponding bug number.  Type RET to run the command
   ‘debbugs-gnu-select-report’ for one of the messages.

   The buffer *ephemeral:bug#123* is displayed, where "123"
   is whichever bug number you chose.

4. Type q to run the command ‘gnus-summary-exit’.
   ‘debbugs’ returns to the *Bugs* buffer

5. Type q to run the command ‘quit-window’.

   A buffer named *Group* remains.

   If you repeat the steps above, but skip step 3 (that is, do
   not select a report), then ‘q’ exits debbugs and does not
   leave behind a stray *Group* buffer.

   It appears that ‘debbugs-gnu-select-report’ creates a
   *Group* buffer, but neglects to delete it when
   ‘gnus-summary-exit’ is run.

--