Subject: [bug#70148] [PATCH] guix-install.sh: Add daemonize to requirements.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2024 18:49:31 +0200

Hi Richard,

Richard Sent <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * etc/guix-install.sh (REQUIRE): Add daemonize to requirements list.
> Needed to spawn the Guix Daemon in guix-daemon.in
>
> Change-Id: I77c7f2bdd686bb023ecfa108a499c2eafbad1eb7
> ---
>
> Hi Guix. I noticed that in Debian WSL the guix daemon sysvinit service
> wouldn't start due to daemonize not being present. This patch should
> catch that issue sooner.
>
> Both openrc and sysvinit use guix-daemon.in so daemonize should be
> required regardless of the init system.

‘daemonize’ seems to be used by etc/init.d/guix-daemon.in, but not by
etc/openrc/guix-daemon.in, right?

>  REQUIRE=(
> +    "daemonize"

My only concern is if the majority of users (which I assume use systemd)
would get an error for a missing package they don’t actually need.

Do you think that is a risk or is ‘daemonize’ usually installed “by
default” even on those systemd distros?

Thanks,
Ludo’.