Subject: [bug#70146] Upstreaming wasmtime

From: Maya <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2024 15:36:46 +0200

On 2024-04-05 10:03, Jean-Pierre De Jesus Diaz wrote:

> Sure, would like to, just not sure how to do it, I think it'd be
> preferable to ask
> comitters to merge yours first so that I can rebase and `inherit' from your
> packages and not do it the other way around since it'd require more diff
> lines.

One way could probably be to share a git repository for the time being,
with the shared code, so we can both upstream the relevant packages. I
would probably base it on yours, as you have done more manual work in
the way of adding descriptions and removed the ittapi.

But it is your call. I also cannot send more than 20 emails a day, due
to my provider's limits, so 120 commits are not very manageable for me
to send as a patch series.

> I don't think I'll provide a wasmtime-cli for version 18 but the other crates
> I'll do, unless you need it and I can then add those.

I think the most packages are pretty much the same. Maybe some patch
versions are bumped, which will need to bump them as well.

The second option on the course of actions is to just upstream
wasmtime-cli-18 after your patch series is merged, and bump the
necessary packages later. I don't want to burden you, I just want to
find a way for upstreaming both our work into guix.

As I would appreciate having wasmtime available in guix, but it can
wait. It was mostly an afternoon project of packaging and merging
changes and then I found your patch.