Subject: [bug#70146] Upstreaming wasmtime

From: Jean-Pierre De Jesus Diaz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 10:03:28 +0000

Hi,

>Can we perhaps coordinate that patchset to this one? I opted for
>wasmtime-19 generally and also moved the ~100 packages into a new file
>called cargo-compilation, but generally the packages have a huge
>overlap.

Sure, would like to, just not sure how to do it, I think it'd be
preferable to ask
comitters to merge yours first so that I can rebase and `inherit' from your
packages and not do it the other way around since it'd require more diff
lines.

I think the patch for ittapi should also work for rust-wasmtime-19 as the
Cargo.toml is generated pre processed by Cargo and should be more or
less the same.

I don't think I'll provide a wasmtime-cli for version 18 but the other crates
I'll do, unless you need it and I can then add those.

My patch series can wait a bit since I have to do some refactorings first.

Feel free to look at the synopses and descriptions of the packages though
since I changed them a bit from the default of the importer.

On Wed, Apr 3, 2024 at 7:59 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed you posted a patch that includes the wasmtime library. I
> have just now finished a patch series on doing a similar thing (although
> the goal was to provide wasmtime-cli).
>
> I haven't noticed that you submitted the patch, since the last time I
> checked it was 2 days ago :D
>
> Can we perhaps coordinate that patchset to this one? I opted for
> wasmtime-19 generally and also moved the ~100 packages into a new file
> called cargo-compilation, but generally the packages have a huge
> overlap.
>
> Best regards,
> Maya
>
> PS. I also noticed that you remove the ittapi with a patch. That is
> something I haven't done myself.