Subject: Re: bug#70141: 30.0.50; cl--class-allparents throws error for ebdb-field-pgp

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2024 08:45:08 +0200

>>>>> On Tue, 02 Apr 2024 20:22:28 -0700, Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> said:

    Eric> ebdb-pgp.el, ebdb-org.el and ebdb-gnus.el all have autoload cookies on
    Eric> `defclass' forms. You've already got Gnus required (naturally), but the
    Eric> other autoloads are causing the evaluation of the forms without
    Eric> requiring the library that provides the parent classes.

    Eric> At least, that's what my crystal ball says! Both ebdb-pgp.el and
    Eric> ebdb-org.el require ebdb-com, which in turn requires ebdb.el, which is
    Eric> where ebdb-field-user is defined. But that somehow isn't getting pulled
    Eric> in for the native compilation (?).

I donʼt get it either. I tried adding autoload cookies for
ebdb-field-user and ebdb-field and regenerating the package autoloads,
but that didnʼt help either.

    Eric> It's also very likely that we're not supposed to be using autoload
    Eric> cookies on defclass forms at all...

Iʼll defer to others on that question :-)

Robert
--