Subject: Re: bug#70140: Missing ./doc/guix-cookbook.pt_BR.texi

From: Rostislav Svoboda <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 14:09:31 +0200

> So there is no solution, is there?

In short, you provided a detailed explanation why there's no automatic
solution for failing `make doc/guix.texi` when a new language is added
to the documentation. So far so good. I appreciate that.

However, this is exactly the kind of situation that is begging to be
documented somewhere, along with the instructions on how to get around
the problem. But no, what you're saying (and I'm paraphrasing here) is
"It's not worth it."

???

The whole point of your fa98837b1d commit was to update the
documentation. And now the documentation doesn't compile and you
effectively don't want to do anything about it, except explaining why.

Maybe we could add a small note to the "Writing Documentation"
chapter: "If the doc/guix.texi doesn't compile... well, we don't think
it's important enough to tell you what to do about it."

That would at least be an honest statement.

Cheers, Bost