Subject: Re: bug#70140: Missing ./doc/guix-cookbook.pt_BR.texi

From: Rostislav Svoboda <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 01:37:10 +0200

> Rerun ./bootstrap and configure, then make

Yeap that helped. Thank you Efraim.

BTW there's a corresponding comment in the doc/local.mk which could be improved:

modified   doc/local.mk
@@ -21,7 +21,8 @@
 # You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
 # along with GNU Guix.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

-# If adding a language, update the following variables, and info_TEXINFOS.
+# If adding a language, update the following variables, and info_TEXINFOS and
+# rerun ./configure

And while at it, also the manual
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Writing-Documentation.html:

modified   doc/contributing.texi
@@ -2737,9 +2737,9 @@ Writing Documentation
 @xref{Translating Guix} for more information.

 To render documentation, you must first make sure that you ran
-@command{./configure} in your source tree (@pxref{Running Guix Before
-It Is Installed}).  After that you can run one of the following
-commands:
+@command{./configure} in your source tree (@pxref{Running Guix Before It
+Is Installed}).  This step must be done when adding a new language, too.
+After that you can run one of the following commands:

What do you think, should we patch these files?

Cheers Bost