Subject: bug#70139: 29.3.50; key-translate does not support all keyboard-translate usages

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 17:41:47 +0200

>>>>> On Tue,  2 Apr 2024 14:28:47 +0000, Charalampos Mitrodimas <[email-masked]> said:

The patch looks ok, it needs a ChangeLog entry style commit message
though (see the "** Commit messages" and "** Generating ChangeLog
entries" sections of CONTRIBUTE).

For extra credit, update the emacs lisp manual entry for
`key-translate' :-)

    Charalampos> From 4c35e45c128d8ad0c93ac787fe51eecbcd570286 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
    Charalampos> From: Charalampos Mitrodimas <[email-masked]>
    Charalampos> Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 17:20:44 +0300
    Charalampos> Subject: [PATCH] Improve key-translate to support removing translations

    Charalampos> This patch enhances the key-translate function to allow removing
    Charalampos> keyboard translations by passing nil as the second argument (TO).

    Charalampos> If TO is nil, any existing translation for the FROM key will be removed.
    Charalampos> The compiler macro is updated to only check TO when it is non-nil.

    Charalampos> This change makes key-translate more consistent with the behavior of
    Charalampos> keyboard-translate, providing a way to remove translations without
    Charalampos> having to specify the same key for both FROM and TO.

    Charalampos> The documentation string is updated to reflect the new behavior.

Robert
--