Subject: bug#70134: [PATCH] Show all date options when adding Gnus scores interactively

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2024 19:50:24 -0700

Alex Bochannek <[email-masked]> writes:

> Jakub,
>
> Jakub Ječmínek <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Ping :).  Is there anything else that needs to be resolved before this is
>> installed?  We can create different subtask for the bug that Alex pointed
>> out.
>
> I did some testing again and the functionality you describe works
> perfectly fine. I still would prefer the bug I pointed out to be fixed
> before merging.
>
> My concern is that with the change applied, adding a new date-header
> scoring rule interactively will rewrite some existing date rules in the
> SCORE file. Expectedly not just entries created interactively, but any
> entries in the list regardless of how they were created. In my testing,
> I found this to be the case for all entries that are not using the new
> match types for dates (i.e, for `before', `after', and `at', not for
> `r', `<', or `>'.)
>
> I am perfectly happy to be overruled, I just think it will be confusing
> to the users. If however a patch for this is forthcoming quickly, I am
> OK with merging it.

Can we maybe hoist the `copy-sequence` up into the caller, to get a
similar effect?